8/17/2024

I am everything my father hated

Poet, let every word tremble its wind bell.

Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī


PichiAvo


Look at my hands 

I am everything my father hated 

everything he feared 

and look at my eyes 

my father is behind my eyes 

watching everything that I love 

knowing the whole while I never needed him 

that I will never be what he wanted me to become 

truth is everything  this life belongs to me

------

I open my eyes and it’s a new day 

24,753 of those as I write this 

when I do the math on that i wonder-- 

should I allow for the years when I worked nights 

no matter 

the point is this 

as long you still draw breath 

you have time to start fresh 

to make a new beginning 

a brand new day  use it to become a better version of yourself

------

Twenty years of living with pain 

the last ten years hasn’t held many breaks 

my knees ache 

the left one horribly so 

plus the years of carrying the weight of a lost son 

I do what I can 

I move through life one day at a time 

I try to not think about other days 

I don’t always succeed at that 

but sometimes I do 

the pain and the weight 

my left and my right 

one is hard and  the other is harder 

last night I was up in the very late hours  to find that even the air around me was crying

james lee jobe 


Carl Ray


Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom.

Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī



Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.