8/18/2024

the sights and sounds of living

 Sidnea D'Amico


If you are unable to find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

Dogen





The peaches are done for the year
there weren't all that many peaches
but they were sweet and well-formed
the apple-pear tree is heavily laden
and treats me with new delights everyday
the lemon tree mocks me like an unruly teenager
a few days ago I was watering the garden
and a hummingbird hovered and watched me
I spoke to it but it made no attempt at a reply
so I am aimed the hose straight up at the sun
and watched through the spray as a rainbow formed
I am measuring my life with the things that I grow

-------

Imagine this - that you finally let go of the past 
and so allow today to open up like a rose 

-------

I live      and those I hold close bring me comfort  
family      home      earth       the green pines
the owls     the sounds and sights of living     still

-------

Bring life to the planet 
help to heal that which needs healing 
teach the children 
feed the hungry 
house the homeless 
love each other 
be kind 
why we’re here isn’t complicated

james lee jobe






There is nothing to abandon or practice,
No meditation or post-meditation. Just this.

Miranda Shaw


 Sidnea D'Amico


Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.