8/16/2024

getting it down on paper

Belinda Chlouber
__________ 


A knock on the back door 
or a tapping at the window at night 
that’s how poems come to me 
and I choose for myself 
if I wish to open up and let them in 
-- I always do 

james lee jobe 




Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.

Pema Chödrön




Morning 
a cool summer breeze 
hot black coffee and cold sliced tomatoes 
cuban music playing softly 
I am conscious of what a joy it is to be alive 
I don’t believe in any gods 
and yet I want to thank someone 
so thank you

james lee jobe 




When your heart is ready, peace will come looking for you. 

Ajahn Chah




Things happen 
a birth here 
a death there 
a crop is planted in one season 
harvested and gleaned in the next 
here in the Sacramento Valley 
it is summer 
the growing season 
the crops thrive 
up in the Sierra Nevada 
our mountains to the east 
the snow melt fills the rivers 
rushing down to us in flat lands below 
things happen 
I try to get them down on paper 
before they are dead and gone

james lee jobe 


Wassily Kadinsky
___________


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) Thanks! 

james 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.