8/15/2024

the rosewood box




Late afternoon watching the valley sky 
what would it take to fill this sky with octopuses 
I don’t know but I bet there’s a poem in trying

----------

So it has come to this -- 
the last bee alive on earth 
I turn my hand in the air and the bee follows it 
a flowing motion for both of us 
I lean in close as if to speak to the bee 
but my mind is blank 
what does one say to the final bee 
summer 
the day is very hot 
over 100 degrees 
I turn to go back into my house 
and the last bee follows me like a happy dog 
perhaps I’ll call him Lewis

----------

another fine and perfect sunrise 
sweet as a tangerine 
I took my tangerine from the sky 
and placed it in a lovely handmade box 
rosewood 
I placed the box on a shelf in my bookcase 
where it awaits my next new day

----------

one of my teachers
I don't remember which one
said everything that happens
could be a poem
so I was hosing bird shit
from the car just now
and stopped to capture
the poetic moment

----------

Restraint and patience. Wisdom and diligence. Kindness and generosity. May I seek out ways to practice these every day, and be thankful that I can.

james lee jobe 





Similar to the Buddha, we can learn to stop trying to escape the sobering truths of life, and instead be willing to experience them fully, looking at them deeply through and through.

Mark Van Buren, “Understanding Dukkha”



I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. 

Vincent Van Gogh



Vincent Van Gogh


If you can, please help support this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Thank you. -james 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.