6/11/2024

thankful for my life

I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything.

Steven Wright 


Taylor Marie McCormick



Morning blessed by light 
blessed by the songs of birds 
blessed by the love of families waking up 
to eat breakfast together 
blessed by all of the possibilities 
that is offered by a new day 
thankful for the sunlight 
thankful for the birdsongs 
thankful for my own family 
my own day 
thankful for my life





Below these streets
Lies the memory of hoofprints 
once horses ran here
where now the oil and gasoline burn
tell me again about progress please





Across the gray sky 
blows an an icy wind 
that knows our names 
and from our graves 
comes a shudder and a chill 
take one step 
and then take another 
   “where are we going?” 
to the next place 
what else could we know 

James Lee Jobe 


Joshua Redman - Eleanor Rigby



Please support this blog (and this blogger) with a small donation through the the icon below. 
Thank you, 

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.