6/10/2024

rain that falls on the ocean

Dan Mountford


I don't need any kings in the world.

Their hands are heavy, like gold.

Their sweat is poison.

What is a kingdom anyway? It is a birdcage

Left outside to torture the imprisoned bird

With a long look at freedom.

Businessmen, suffocated by greed,

Often want to be king, or to get rich

Serving one. That never turns out well.

They are like priests whose god is money.

And I have grown weary of bowing;

Haven't you? All of those crowns

Would make lovely paperweights.

Think of it—on a windy day

We could leave the windows open

With our papers right out on the desk.

We'll let the poor sit on the thrones

And feel the breeze on their faces. 

James Lee Jobe 



Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.

Carl Jung



Is it Saturday, or the end of days? 


Time is so slow, and I am often so blind. 


Where is a friend? 


Where is a window to open? 


This river answers to no one. 


Ah, for just an ounce of sorrow, 


So that I could be certain that I can still feel. 

James Lee Jobe 



When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful. 

Malala Yousafzaiw



Every day brings new opportunity; to do

something good, to be decent, to become

a more kind person. Every single day.

James Lee Jobe


Ali Gulec


That I might always remember to be grateful, and to show my gratitude. 

That I might always remember to seek out the good when bad things happen, 

and also to be grateful for those things. 

That I might always remember to seek out the good that I can do myself.

James Lee Jobe 



You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you. 

Dan Millman



When I die, let me sleep 

in the rain that falls on the trees, 

in the rain that falls on the ocean. 

Let me sleep easy in the wetness 

that brings life to the earth.

James Lee Jobe


photo by NASA 
the moon, from the space station
(no, this photo is not turned sideways)



Not creating delusions is enlightenment.

Bodhidharma



Ignorance and greed are at the root 

of much evil, including the patriarchy 

and the ridiculous notion that somehow 

we exist to make a profit. We don't. 

We exist to love.

James Lee Jobe


Dexter Gordon, Body & Soul


Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!

James  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.