1/28/2024

the daylight grew and covered all of the sky



We are all just children breathing, look 
Our hands are open
We rest in the quiet rhythm of the earth
The quiet rhythm of being human
We need peace after so many years of war
Our hearts are so tired
If only presidents and kings could meet in their dreams
If only the soldiers would set aside their weapons
And hold each other close through the long nights
Each one feeling the chest of the other 
As it rises and falls
There is no war in us when we sleep

James Lee Jobe 





Fierce compassion means seeing the suffering of our times clearly, and being willing to take a stand, to act to relieve that suffering however we can. 

Kaira Jewel Lingo




I try to leave some emptiness in life, it feels right to do so. Only one day happens at a time, and that works for me. I can see through my life to my death, and likewise, I can see through my death and so better enjoy living. Just now the daylight grew and covered all of the sky. How lovely.

James Lee Jobe 









I wrote too many poems, I suppose
Who did I think would read my nonsense
When morning came sliding toward the end of night
Or evening came to the length and breadth of day
And candles flickered casting shadows
That flutter against the troubled walls
The words, the images, line up
Like heavily armed, young paratroopers
Ready to leap into the raw wind
And become the children of gravity
Time is nothing, merely a concept
And the stack of poems no one will read
Grows like a weed in midsummer 

James Lee Jobe 




We cannot, of course, save the World because we do not have authority over its parts. We can serve the world though. That is everyone's calling, to lead a life that helps.

Barry Lopez






Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.

Rumi





If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, maybe once in a while.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks!

James Lee Jobe 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.