1/27/2024

safety and kindness



It was more than forty years ago, so cold

The old rotten shed was fully engulfed in flame

I had pulled off some old boards for a small fire

To keep from freezing, sparks

From a stout north wind did the rest

And me just standing there in the snow

As the sirens got louder and closer

__________

Sunlight, clear and as sharp as a knife

And for tomorrow more of the same

And for the next day and the next

I begin to doubt that rain exists

Looking down to see 

The shape of my body in a shadow 

Listening to the soft sound

Of my footsteps as I slowly walk

Through the dry and uncut grass

__________

My friend, in this life I choose the light.

__________

Let this day be spent in unity, not divisiveness 

A day spent in the heart, not the mind  

May there be safety and kindness 

If there is victory, let it be in not needing to win 


James Lee Jobe 


Steve Kuhn Trio - Confirmation 


The here and now is always a good place to take shelter. Don't leave home without it.

B. D. Schiers

__________

But do not ask me where I am going,

As I travel in this limitless world,

Where every step I take is my home. 

Dōgen Zenji




Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks!

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.