1/29/2024

Everyone is a teacher





A stormy week in the Sacramento Valley
Rain on and off, on and off.
Above, in the high passes of the Sierra Nevada
Deep drifts of snow, are the bears sleeping
Down here, rain on the rooftop
No finches, no crows, no owls to be seen
And like them all, I am also laying low
It has been days since I even went outside
James says it doesn’t matter where you are
It is what you do that counts.

James Lee Jobe




Why are you giving drinks to the mice?

Old Hungarian expression used when asking kids why they’re crying





Let the old resentments go
Everyone is a teacher, everything is a clue

James Lee Jobe 


B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone





Poems where far too much happens
Poems where nothing happens at all
Look at me; I’m just an old man 
Scribbling on a legal pad with a pencil
Waiting for the coffee to brew

James Lee Jobe 








May some kindness come our way today 
Be it giving, receiving, or both

James Lee Jobe 



When I surrender to beauty, I’m letting go of the ways in which I’m protecting and guarding myself. I’m allowing myself to expand, and I’m letting go of the sense of who I think I am, and then beginning to experience and touch into the actual expression of spaciousness. 

Lama Rod Owens





Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. This and Social Security puts beans on the table! 

Thanks! 
James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.