1/25/2023

translations & ghost stories

 


        It was the story of a ghost who wrote in French. Or was it? It might have been that the story of a ghost was written in French, or perhaps it was a French story that was ghost written. Translations are a lot of work; this is why I don’t trust the Bible. 

james lee jobe



        I owe my solitude to other people.

Alan Watts



Autobiography of Thud, a poem by Omotara James



        Ghost stories written as algebraic equations. Little Emily at the blackboard is very frightened. The X's look like a graveyard at night. The teacher wants her to poke among them with a piece of chalk. All the children hold their breath. The white chalk squeaks once among the plus and minus signs, and it's quiet again. 

Charles Simic, 1928-2023 CE 




Your voice when it deepened,
the sound of you.

Your embrace, it only grew with time,
like a bear grows in strength.

Your eyes, sad and tired,
even when you laughed.

Your truth, all that you never told me
of the hard life that you lived.

Your death, the terrible sink hole
that swallowed me, your father.

james lee jobe



Muddy Waters, Rollin' & Tumblin'



        Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.

Noam Chomsky



        If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks!

jlj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.