7/14/2024

my end of the conversation

by Shepard Fairey


One of the approaches that I personally find useful is to cultivate the thought: If the situation or problem is such that it can be remedied, then there is no need to worry about it. In other words, if there is a solution or a way out of the difficulty, you do not need to be overwhelmed by it. The appropriate action is to seek its solution.

The Dalai Lama



the sacramento valley knows 

what love is 

from the way that we 

love the valley 

when i keep in mind 

that wooly mammoths once 

roamed right here 

i find it easier to breathe 

it can be furnace hot here 

in the long summer 

the sacramento valley draws strength 

from sunlight and life 

james lee jobe


by Kawase Hasui



it is the middle of the night 

cold 

december 

i am 7 years old 

sleeping on a rollaway bed 

in my grandparents dining room 

my mother and sister 

are elsewhere in the house 

i have no idea where my father is 

just ‘in texas’ 

i feel so lost that i pray hard 

for god to take me 

i learn how to cry 

without making noise 

my stomach is upset all of the time 

i lose my faith 

a little more each day 

james lee jobe



I could not find the world if I searched ten years. I've forgotten the road by which I came. 

Han-Shan



alone for several days 

well not really alone  

i have my bird and my dog to talk to 

but i tell you this 

their end of the conversation 

is somewhat lacking 

james lee jobe



by Nadia Wicker



The baby sparrows cry out, and in response, mice answer from their nest.

Bashō




there is no need to fear death 

death is the proof that you lived 

celebrate death 

it is the end of the journey 

james lee jobe


The mind makes you believe you are something you are not. Realize that you are not mind, nor any of its illusory manifestations. Brian Thompson




You can help support this blog by buying a cup of coffee. Please click the icon below.

Thanks! -jlj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.