6/17/2024

pig blood reflecting light

“A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake.”

Dōgen Zenji


Aegis Strife

poems:

an odd and somewhat mystical gate opened 

and doctors and nurses came to me at last 

with torches and lanterns 

(I think of them as trail scouts)

they will light the way now for me and my cane 

to the final path 

it is alright friend 

I don’t mind that there is only one path left to me 

you see the choice is not between 

having one way or many 

the choice is between having one path 

or none at all 

so raise the lantern high 

dear doctor 

dear nurse 

for wherever this trail leads 

I must walk it 

and I am very much ready 

to begin 

----------

pork chops defrosting on an old chipped plate 

with watery drops of pig blood reflecting light 

from the warm beautiful sun 

a light as soft as a touch 

dappled across the windows 

filtered as it is by the green leaves 

of the crape myrtle trees 

that are taller than the old house 

----------

the weapons have been cleaned and oiled 

and rest now on racks in perfect rows 

waiting for tomorrow’s battle 

some of the soldiers rest as well 

but some are wide awake 

staring into the darkness 

          night on planet earth 

----------

Who poisoned the sky with the language of hate? 

Poisoned the earth and the sea? 

The language of hate 

Is yet another pandemic.

And citizen, it spreads like those germs

That you breathe.




random thoughts: 

-Age 67, and in the mirror I see the face of my Uncle Earl.

-Big money won both of America's revolutions. America is a myth.

-The squirrel wants to be chased by my doggo.My doggo obliges. 

-Why does the earth need 200 (or so) countries? It doesn't. I don't believe in the concept of 'countries.' Let's pick one really good country and run the planet that way. Norway or Iceland. Canada. But not America.

James Lee Jobe 

Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
Be Bop A Lula


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!
JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.