6/01/2024

no shave lasts forever


I'm back in the middle 

of nowhere 

At least I think so

-Jack Kerouac 

Koson Ohara - Egret On A Rainy Night


The climate has changed 

California burns every summer now 

Yet life is still a tasty burger 

I still have a peach tree 

        (that doesn’t understand me) 

And a Japanese maple to love 

Every time that summer returns 

With its fires and heatwaves 

I’ll give thanks 

That I lived to see it all 

For another year 


    *

In San Francisco

There is a charming time of year 

At the end of September 

And that was when I met her 

The music was loud 

And we danced and laughed 

As you can when you are young 

We went outside and I recited a poem 

And took her in my arms 

When I bent to kiss her 

She offered me her lips 

As one might offer a diamond 

It was the last night 

Of a waning gibbous moon 

Partially covered by white drifts of fog 

So lovely and frail

Grandparents now 

I am holding her still 


    *


Words growing like fresh whiskers

And no shave lasts forever 

Perhaps 

If I write long enough 

This beard might someday reach the floor

-James Lee Jobe 


Carp And Wisteria - Ohara Koson


The taste of rain --

Why kneel? 

-Jack Kerouac 



You can help support this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link below. It's a safe site. Thanks!

-James Lee Jobe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.