6/08/2024

I will be a ghost until the world ends

“We're all Buddhas. We just don't recognize it.”
Mingyur Rinpoche


Douglas Hale



One of these doors opens to the forest, the other opens to the sea. 

I have been counting backwards from one trillion, it has kept me busy for years. 

Some numbers feel more alike than others, and some of them feel like summer, and some others feel like the beginning of a new war. 

Counting is a good exercise for the brain and helps to pass the time in this small, dark room. 

I am not cold and I am not hungry. 

Through both doors I hear beautiful sounds; the wind moving through trees, seagulls and pelicans, and often at night I can hear the wolves in the forest. 

When I get to zero I must choose a door to pass through, and in that place, in the forest or at the sea, I will be a ghost until the world ends, until the breaking of time. 

Goodbye for now. 

Perhaps we'll meet again when the wars are over. 

James Lee Jobe





When we accept life as it is, we can respond appropriately to the way we're experiencing it.

Ajahn Sumedho






Sometimes you just gotta let that shit go.

Eminem


Rumi said that your only faithful student is yourself, all the others will leave you sooner or later. It’s true of being alive as well; wherever you go, there you are. There’s no escaping yourself. You can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy. What will you do with your life? You have to write those poems yourself. Sometimes I like to just remind you to not be an asshole. I hope it’s helpful.

James Lee Jobe



Shirin Neshat


Please help support this bloggo with a small donation through the icon below. Thanks for your support and a little of your reading time.

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.