6/28/2024

George Clooney's hoofprints

Yarek Godrey 


I was just somebody else, some stranger, and my whole life was a haunted life, the life of a ghost. 

-Jack Kerouac



I am dreaming that George Clooney leaves the hoofprints of a horse as he walks. He sings to a pretty French girl, and then he actually becomes a horse. A handsome horse. I form a commune with several former co-workers and the sky becomes a mirror to reflect all life on earth. It’s complicated, this dream, and I can't remember a lot of things. There were long passages written and spoken in Farsi. People with shovel-heads dug long trenches. I sang them the Clooney song, and yelled to the great mirror in the sky, "This is a dream! I am the reflection of you!"

---

This body is tired now and wants to rest
Like a bear rests in the deepest corner of winter. 
I want the sleep of the world, 
And I need those soft dreams of fur. 
I am setting down the wormy apple 
And the snake that desires everything. 
The prayer bell is ringing 
And the hour is sharp and clear. 
Will I wake up again one day? 
Does it matter? I am weary, 
Aching in my bones, and I cannot now say 
If my memories of rest are real or false. 
The corner of winter. 
The sleep of the world. 
The snake of desire. 
Who am I even talking to now? 

-James Lee Jobe





If we spend 57% on war and 6% on education, what do you think we value more?

-Lee Camp

Otis Rush - I Can't Quit You, Baby


Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! Thanks. 

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.