6/21/2024

-bearded old men with no homes and broken shoes-

"As human beings, we are all the same, there is no need to build some kind of artificial barrier between us." 

Dalai Lama XIV




These houses of flesh and bone.


The breath of life moves through a deathless valley. –Lao Tzu


We live in these houses of flesh and bone, 

Walled in by the soul of our own existence, 

Roofed by that love which we can create 

With our own hearts, our own experience. 

In time, we leave these houses and move 

Into the atoms of some other far moment, 

A moment beyond our measure and sight, 

As if we only continue on in the passing 

Of one second into the next, in between 

The breaths of our different thoughts. 

Here, we are men, we are women. 

There, we are the beams of light sent 

From one heaven to another heaven, 

And there millions of these heavens, 

And the beams of light illuminate the road 

That our souls walk through space. 

James Lee Jobe






Flowers 

on the valley meadows, 

like angels. 

At night, 

stars above 

in the meadows of the sky, 

like jewels. 

And in my heart, 

all these poems. 

This is my world.

James Lee Jobe


"Peace has never come from dropping bombs. Real peace comes from enlightenment and educating people to behave more in a divine manner." 

Carlos Santana





Pieces of my soul were left in the glade for me to find. On a long journey, I found them by chance. Random things happen around us all the time. There is something to be said for the beauty of coincidence. It was a good day. sunshine and clouds in equal measure. Breeze, but something less than a wind. Stepping out from the trees into the glade, there on the ground, were some pieces of my soul that I had been missing for all of my life. What did they look like? Like bearded old men with no homes and broken shoes. Claiming these pieces made me more complete, and the same for them. Not whole, but better than before. Now I have to wonder if there might yet be more of my soul elsewhere, waiting. Time has no compass, north is constant, and my journeys are most likely behind me. And my soul as it is? It's pretty good. In this way I shall begin the years that end my life. 

James Lee Jobe




"You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind." 

Timothy Leary

Sonny Rollins 


Please consider a small donation to help support this blog. Use the coffee link below. Many thanks. 

James Lee Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.