5/18/2024

moonlight on water

"If you cannot find truth where you are, where do you expect to find it?"

Dōgen Zenji, 1200-1253



putah creek savors the moonlight 
a cool night    quiet 
there is a delta breeze 
an owl watches from an oak branch 
but doesn't ask 'who' 
moonlight shines across the moving water 
look at me   I'm still alive 

james lee jobe 




"Sonny Rollins," by Andrew Atroshenkoe


something in me needs the dawn 
indeed it is rare for me 
to not be in attendance
light graces the sky 
and kisses the darkness
on cold days sunrise brings some warmth
and in summer those are the coolest moments
rise very early when I am gone
and spread my ashes under the dawn

james lee jobe 



“The more you learn, the more you know that you're not so hot.”

Bernie Glassman, 1939-2018


rainfall into putah creek

water

going round and round

and round again


james lee jobe


Sonny Rollins - Strode Rode





Hi. James here. You can help support this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link. Not every time you come here. Just once in awhile. Thanks. Yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.