5/01/2024

chirping birds and sniffing dogs

Accept that your life is going on beyond your usual understanding.

-Dainin Katagiri



In an age of anger and rage

I am asking for your mercy

Those who hate, forgive them

Those who legislate intolerance

Forgive them as well

We do this for our own sake

Anything less and we risk

Becoming that which we would oppose

And losing that which we could be

Mercy is a wonderful gift

And when you give it to someone

You also give it to yourself

So give and give again

And yet again

-James Lee Jobe


Koson Ohara



(I don't remember where I found the little prayer below, or who wrote it, but I love it. I do write prayers from time to time, and I don't want you think I am trying to pass this off as my own. -JLJ)

Spirit of Grace, ever remind us that a new way can be found, and move us toward the possibility of courageously living our lives in the face of all that is before us now.



Black coffee 

Strong and rich 

Poems by WS Merwin 

Outside the sunrise slips out 

Over the valley again 

With chirping birds and sniffing dogs 

Welcome to a brand new day

-James Lee Jobe



Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.

-Rainer Maria Rilke



If you enjoy this blog, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks!

JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.