4/13/2024

There is an army of clouds today.

Juliana Coles


It might be more fashionable not to live 
After all
Who doesn’t love a dead failed poet
Still I had a nice dinner with my wife
And it was a fine day
Lovely
Perhaps I’ll just keep writing 
Anyway

--

Sixty-seven years on this planet
And somewhere along the way
I learned to exit the calendar
And make a sharp left turn
Onto a place and time to live
The life of a human being
Being young  
Middle aged
And old all became the same
Now I just live whatever day
Happens to surround me
There is an army of clouds today
The breeze is sweet and cool

-----

As we destroy this earth with oil wells
Fracking 
Wars 
Coal mines
And too many damn people
Where will the last little field mouse
Go to catch a nap

James Lee Jobe





It’s your life. No one can do this for you. Your teacher can set you in a particular direction, but you have to go on the path alone.

Jakusho Kwong-roshi, “Emptying into Spaciousness”


Lyle Carbajal



Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! 
Thanks, James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.