4/18/2024

The lovely tree of Kitty Maudru.

BILL EVANS - My Foolish Heart





Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots.

Rumi




The first moments of dawn slowly illuminate the room 

I close the book and get up to make the coffee 

My wife will up in a moment 

How does one grow old living with the loss of a child 

Stay close to the light 

Embrace it 

Keep faith in the new day 

Live one day at a time 

As the coffee brews 

I walk through the old house opening curtains

James Lee Jobe


artist unknown


Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process embedded in the human spirit. 

Abbie Hoffman




My old cat Miss Kitty Maudru 

Lays buried just off my patio 

Under a fine crape myrtle 

Where in life she often napped 

I have five crape myrtles in all 

But Miss Kitty’s tree the first to flower

Every single year 

For many years now her nap has gone on 

Under the lovely tree

Even in sorrow there can be a blessing

James Lee Jobe



If you enjoy this blog, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

-JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.