4/15/2024

Practicing kindness.



Neil Young - After The Gold Rush





We know how to tell the age of a mountain 
Or how long ago a desert was beneath a sea 
We have learned how trees make oxygen 
And how water moves through its cycle 
Of rain stream creek river ocean 
And then rises up like Christians at Rapture 
Only to become rain once again 
And these are good things to know 
But when will we learn that the only way 
To peace is through practicing peace 
And the the only way to kindness 
Is through practicing kindness 

James Lee Jobe 




Beyond random acts of kindness comes perpetual kindness.

B. D. Schiers






May I be spared the illusion 
That even one second belongs to me
I own nothing
There is only that which I do 
And that which I don't do
The rest is an illusion

James Lee Jobe 




I am a victim of introspection.

Sylvia Plath 






In the dream I had been trying to hold something together that just could not be. I had no one. Buildings were all old and dark inside. A small, rather pretty LatinX woman seemed to want me to hold her, but I did not. I walked away every time, at the sight of her earnest smiles. When I woke from all this I was still sleeping, but into another dream. I was watching a different woman sort through endless stacks of pants. "We're livin' large, ain't we?" I said this to her, ever the cynic, even in my dreams. The thing is, I also said these words out loud, and my voice had the hard, cold Baltimore accent of my youngest boyhood. It was like finding someone that you think you have lost. The clock said 4:53 am, and I got up anyway.

James Lee Jobe 




Please consider supporting this blog by making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.