3/27/2024

Every day lasts for a thousand years.


Julie Mehretu, Dispersion, 2002

Every evening
Darkness swallows it all
Including the sun
Then come morning
The darkness is erased
By the light of the new sun
Darkness, light
Some creatures prefer
To live in one
And some creatures
Live in the other
It isn’t like one way is good
And the other is evil
I say sleep when you’re tired
Play whenever you wish
I love both and I love
The wrinkles and bald spots
Of becoming an older man
There is a time coming
When my darkness will arrive
And stay

James Lee Jobe





The garden of the world has no limit except in your mind.

Rumi


Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home


Editing poems at night
Under the influence of hot chocolate
Life opens like a flower

James Lee Jobe






Think for yourself and question authority.

Timothy Leary


Grandkid

        The beggar breaks the rocks, and I eat them. My soul is nourished only by stone and great lament. By sorrow. Every day lasts for a thousand years. At dusk, I give the beggar a few pride-less coins, just barely enough to keep him until morning. Throughout the cold night I lie on my back and search the dark sky for a friend. Just a friend. I shiver, and my heart is empty. I have nowhere to go.

James Lee Jobe





We are always in transition. If you can just relax with that, you'll have no problem. 

Chogyam Trungpa


Rebekka Gudleifsdottir


Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! Thanks, James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.