12/20/2023

You and the flame.




If I just say yes
I will have it all
All the joy, all the sorrow
Every pain, every truth
The deal is all or nothing
And if I say yes
Then I am in for good
No one gets just the happiness
And no one bears all the weight
Life is not a menu
You’re in or you’re out
And I say yes

James Lee Jobe 



Bob Dylan - Rollin' and Tumblin'



Here in a thached hut
hidden among mountain peaks,
with barely room for one,
I'm suddenly invaded
by wandering white clouds.

Koho Kenichi 1241-1316 CE




Keep the fires burning for whatever god you love the most. The most private of prayers burns in the most quiet of hours. You and the flame. Faith and fire. The drumbeat of the earth. The whispers of heaven in the quiet folds of your ears. You have a secret name, and you speak it in the firelight.

James Lee Jobe 








If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.

Yogi Berra



Orange sun, pale, in a gray sky
Davis, California, in the big valley
The biting odor of burning wood
There is a forest fire about 100 miles away
North by east
Paradise, California, in the Sierra foothills
A wind out of the north
Has brought the smoke here
My wife is coughing, many people
On the streets people are wearing breathing masks
3 people dead in the fire, so far
Some more people are missing
And nearly 7 thousand buildings were lost
Homes, schools, businesses
“Did you see the sunset?”
A friend wants to know
“An orange sun, pale, in a gray sky
If the fire keeps up I’ll get some pictures tomorrow”
I quickly decide against chastising him
What’s the point? He means no harm
I see the homeless and the dead
He sees a unique sunset
Both are there, from a fire 100 miles away
Settling down in a quiet room, alone
I begin the Loving Kindness prayer

James Lee Jobe



If you could make a small donation below, I'm trying to build up bail money for my next offense. 
Thanks, James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.