12/15/2023

cynicism & sarcasm

 


Gray sky. Rain
For the crops and
Trees. There are
Two seasons here in
The Sacramento Valley,
One is dry and
The other one is wet.
This
I understand, and
So do the walnuts
And the tomatoes.

James Lee Jobe 



We could have saved the earth but we were too damned cheap.

Kurt Vonnegut



Wayne Shorter - Footprints 


There are parts that displease
Me. Parts of my life. Of myself.
I am taking those parts in to be
Recycled. I am letting the hard parts
Go. The cynicism. The sarcasm.
How much of what I say
Would go better left unsaid.
A fair amount, certainly.
I should reset my life priorities.
For example, the entire time
I have been writing these dark words
There has been two flower arrangements
Right in front of me and I only noticed
Just now.

James Lee Jobe



Capitalism has always been a failure for the lower classes. It is now beginning to fail for the middle classes. 

Howard Zinn, A People's History of the United States 





If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks! 

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.