12/23/2023

chicken pozole




A very small woman, perhaps a fairy or an elf, was inside the crockpot with the chicken pozole. She was angry and yelling something about curses and revenge, but nobody was really certain about what she screamed as the lid was, of course, on the crockpot. How else could the chicken pozole cook? Other than that it was an OK day. Sure, it rained a little, but then the sun came out again. It didn’t suck at all. 

James Lee Jobe 




He glares back at me
with an ugly, surly face,
this old pond frog

Kobayashi Issa, 1763-1827



John Coltrane - Equinox




That a cheerleader would take her own life
Is a hard thing
And why did she choose to use her body
To form the letter ‘K’
As her last act on this earth
These are troubling times

James Lee Jobe




Everything changes. There is nothing to stick to. That is the Buddha's most important teaching.

Shunryu Suzuki




Better dream last night. I was flying back and forth Spain to play (real) football. In the dream I was around 40 (I am 67), too old to catch on to a team, but one coach took me on, and I got into the second half of a match at the end of the dream. Nothing huge, I was in the midfield, got some kicks in moving the ball up the field. But man, it felt great. 

James Lee Jobe 



Smile, breathe and go slowly. 

Thích Nhất Hạnh





Downtown San Francisco 
I am interviewing the buildings 
One by one 
They tell their names 
Not the names that humans use 
But the names they call themselves 
Frank 
Larry 
Martha 
Just names 
In a day’s time I only cover four of five blocks 
San Francisco is large 
There are many buildings 
And I am an old man 

James Lee Jobe 




Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.