11/20/2023

small poems in the air everywhere

Grandchild 


Looking up from my lazy stupor
To see where I am on this earth
I’m in California’s big central valley
So long and green
In the farm soil dark and rich
I’m by the cold rushing Sacramento River
And in the sky above the white clouds
I am in the dreams of a sleeping cat
On a porch in the warm sunshine
I am everywhere and so are you

_____

Gratitude for small things
My toothbrush
My glasses
Seeing my doggo yawn
At bedtime

_____

Everything
In my raggedy yard
Is wild and free
Like my dreams
And my hopes

_____

Once
I held you close
My little child
But where are you now

Everywhere my father
All around you like the air
And within you
Like a thought

James Lee Jobe




A short-poems post. I hope it sits well with you, like warm soup on an autumn night. Please help support this blog with a small donation. Click on the Buy Me A Coffee icon below. It's a very safe site. 
THANX- JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.