8/26/2023

Screaming from hell.

Pierre-Hugues Hétu


it doesn’t matter to me if the sun is up 

I wake up when I wake up 

no alarm clock 

no rules 

usually it is just before dawn 

I feed my animals and drink my coffee 

I work on poems 

I am often a bit put out 

that I didn’t die in my sleep 

as is my wish 

any night will do 

just like any day is a good day to be 

alive 

james lee jobe  




We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.

May Sarton



why did I wait so many years 

to mourn the falling leaves 

james lee jobe





Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith.

Muhammad



Sharle Matthews



blood on the flowers 

blood in the street 

the battle is done 

and it is not just the soldiers 

who are dead 

children parents doctors 

teachers ministers clerks 

mechanics regular people 

just going about their lives 

bombs and bullets 

don’t discriminate 

james lee jobe



Mindfulness gives you time. Time gives you choices. Choices, skillfully made, lead to freedom.

Henepola Gunaratana



so maybe the noise from crows 

is really just my mother 

screaming from hell

james lee jobe





When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself.


Shunryu Suzuki





Hi. James Lee here. You can help support this blog, with the small donation every now and then. Not every time you come, just sometimes. Maybe a fiver once a month. It's safe to do online and quite easy. Below is a link to 'Buy Me A Coffee.' Thanks, jlj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.