8/24/2023

Blessed with small things.

Pablo Picasso. Violon accroche au mur. 1913.



to most minds you have nothing

rags to wear   a hovel for sleeping

if ever you could sleep   you cannot

that said   you have a life to live

and you have your next breath

breathe and make do with that

james lee jobe



We must learn to live together as brothers 

or perish together as fools. 

Martin Luther King



I walked through the rattlesnake mountains

paying no mind 

white boulders   white clouds

a patch of grass   a patch of snow

james lee jobe 



'The Wood Between' (2008) by Hiramatsu Reiji 


sins are not brands and we are not cattle

forgive yourself and start again

james lee jobe 




My music is evidence of my soul's will to live.

Charles Mingus



and when I am blessed 

it is often with the smallest of things

my grandchild's laugh

that first glimpse of the sunrise

a perfect apple 

and then again perhaps

these blessings are not that small

after all

james lee jobe



Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?

Jalal Ad-din Muhammad Rumi


james lee jobe 


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks!

james 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.