5/30/2023

Eternity wears a rain slicker

khôi bảo phạm




some people need compassion 
and cannot find any 
others cannot find compassion 
within themselves 
to share with others 
that all people have compassion 
in their lives    actively 
both to receive and to share 
this I pray 

james lee jobe 




The united states is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced. 

Frank Zappa






Freddie Ardley

sit at this desk and consider eternity the measure
of it its shape and scent its presence Outside

there is rain grayness low clouds fat drops slap
the window eternity wears a rain slicker and eases

across the back yard toward the street out of sight
a car drives by the sound of tires on the wet street

james lee jobe




Maybe that's what life is... a wink of the eye and winking stars.

Jack Kerouac



Tim Hardin, If I Were A Carpenter
all the usual things were there 
the daylight   the breeze 
the earth   the sky
a long fence that we walked beside 
a gate that was never closed 
a dog with no plans and no baggage 
we crossed the field 
and the young corn was up to our waists 
we arrived   finally   at the house 
but we didn't open the door to go inside 
we just sat there on the unpainted porch 
a tractor rattled along the gravel road 
I could hear it from a long way off 
there was no tomorrow 
and there was no yesterday 
just now 
under your breath you sang a small song 
how small 
the size of a moth 
on the chorus I quietly joined in 

james lee jobe 




Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. 

Anton Chekhov



Freddie Ardley

the full moon is hidden by clouds
and I am mistaken for someone
but I am not anyone at all

i am crawling under the porch
to count on my fingers the number of times
that I was actually needed

I am wearing a veil like a grieving woman
and cutting my arm with broken glass

I am hidden by Tule fog and scarred
from old wounds and from the diseases
that failed to end me

I do not fear the consequences
I am burying my regrets under the porch

the clouds that cover the moon are clearing now
and the fog is a brilliant white in the moonlight

I am coming out now to wash the blood away
and to return this body
this body is a loaner

I am putting one foot in front of the other
I am not looking back

james lee jobe



Reality is only an agreement - today is always today.

Zen Proverb


Freddie Ardley
Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! Thanks, jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.