4/24/2023

Monday is breathless and feeling tired

Nothing can make injustice just but mercy.  

Robert Frost



I thought of writing a will 

But what do I own that anyone would want

My doggo heard me laughing by myself 

And came in to keep me company

James Lee Jobe



Poetry is an echo,

asking a shadow to dance.

Carl Sandburg


Gift, a poem by Hilda Conkling - 1909-1986


Etta James, Shakey Ground 


Please support this blog with a small donation through the the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.





I have been sick lately 

And I am behind in my chores 

The stars are piled up all over the sky 

And the wind won't hold still 

The world keeps turning 

Even when the people aren't ready for it 

Sunday sucks all the air from the room 

Leaving Monday breathless and feeling tired 

But I am starting to recover 

Hopefully just in time 

James Lee Jobe 



In zazen one is one's present self, what one was, and what one will be, all at once.

Peter Matthiessen



The goal of practice is not to pursue pleasure and avoid pain, but rather to experience both with full awareness, neither favoring one nor opposing the other. 

Andrew Olendzki




Sixty-six years of walking on eggshells 

What good could keeping secrets ever do for me now

James Lee Jobe 



I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.

Eugene V. Debs



The teacher serves as a mirror but also encourages your ability to trust in yourself. You begin to trust in your basic goodness instead of identifying with your neurosis. Pema Chödrön




In the dream I am worried

There is some unnamed danger

In traveling to the back of the island where I live

Most people take primitive rowboats

Because the jungle has many wild animals

But lately the ocean is rough

And several people have been killed either way

I spend many days working out a way to travel

Through the treetops with the help of friendly monkeys

"The monkeys will help you"

I go through the village streets shouting this

And the elders welcome me with a dance

It's not bad, this dream, as dreams go

James Lee Jobe



A weasel hath not such a deal of spleen as you are toss'd with.

Taken from: Henry IV, part I




Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!

James  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.