4/26/2023

like the sky at dawn, silent



What do I want 
nothing 
to be myself today is enough 
a spring afternoon 
my doggo is napping in the sun 
I'm sleepy too 
and just let go 
how lovely 

--

There is an owl in the park across the street 
I never see her 
but her soft hoots at sunrise 
are as warm as a mother holding her newborn child 
sometimes the world is perfect 

--

The summer heat in the Sacramento Valley 
a dead jackrabbit rots on County Road 98 
stinking in the afternoon sun 
it has even less use for civilization 
than I do

--

That I might find the strength to forego being clever  in favor of being kind and that I might learn to silence myself  from saying those things which help no one

--

Like the sky at dawn, silent and vast, let my being merge in the timeless immensity of being alive. I am the universe, the universe is me.

--

by james lee jobe

(Some of the above may be previously published.)


THE BEATLES, SHE SAID 

Please support this blog with a small donation through the the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.




Cool Poetry Links:











I believe in peace. I believe in mercy.
Malala Yousafzai

--

It's easy to make someone feel special. Ask open-ended questions and listen with genuine interest. Attention is the expression of love. 
Haemin Sunim

--

The one we love is everywhere. By wakefully inhabiting our longing for the beloved, we are carried into the arms of love itself.
Tara Brach 



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks!

james 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.