3/30/2023

you lob-lollies, you whisperers in the dawn


Hello, you sunbeams, you blooms of spring, you dreamers, you cartons of delight, you treasures, you lob-lollies, you drummers, you singers, you whisperers in the dawn.

james lee jobe 


The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject what they think, not what they see. 

Huang Po

A prose poem 


Please support this blog with a small donation through the the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.


Have no fear of perfection, you'll never achieve it.

Salvador Dali


The son died first and that was wrong
the father should have died first
and the sons and daughters should bury him
but no
the son died first and the father was left behind
to live on in a diminished life
a half-life
an empty basket of a life
not a real life at all
and that’s me
I rend my garment
and smear his ashes on my face and body
and I live
how can I die now when my suffering is so full
and complete

james lee jobe 


When facing a flat landscape, I see nothing but eternity.

Vincent van Gogh 


I am peeling away the words 'original sin' from the tight corners of the sky. It is like peeling plastic wrapping from a package you don't really want to open. This is taking a long time, longer than I would have thought. I have a new marking pen, blue, and when I have done away with 'original sin' I intend to write 'original blessing' in its place. As I work, the sun begins to set, and the sky is the color of a ripe peach. Friend, I chose this life for myself.

james lee jobe 


What happens in the world, and what business is it of yours?

Rumi 


Early spring
perfect blue sky
cool fresh air
buds on trees
flowers in bloom
such a fine day
even death would be sweet
on a day like this

james lee jobe 


You can't live in paradise- but you are living right here. Make this your paradise or make this your hell. 

Brad Warner


Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. This and Social Security are my income. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.