2/28/2023

why we created basketball



Friend, I love this river.
Slender and slight,
A drink for the parched land,
A drink for us all.
From the mountains to the delta,
The river pulled by gravity and need.
See? Here in the bottom lands,
Even the heron wades in to bathe
And to look for a bite to eat.
Slender and slight,
Hands to heaven,
Thanks and praise.

james lee jobe


JOHN HIATT, Crossing Muddy Water 


When the mind recognizes itself, there is no thing to see there. It’s just wide open.

Tsoknyi Rinpoche


they did it
nuclear apocalypse
everything everywhere destroyed
except for the television commercials
somehow they kept on playing
forever

james lee jobe


There is no such thing as paranoia. Your worst fears can come true at any moment.

Hunter S. Thompson


You can help support this blog through the Buy Me A Coffee link at the bottom of this page. If I were alive, I would do it. 

James Garfield


I Was Sleeping Where the Black Oaks Move, a poem by Louise Erdich


It is possible to feel that one has no faults. Why? Because after discovering that one’s ideas and behaviors are imperfect, if one always immediately corrects them, this is maintaining a state of faultlessness.

Master Sheng-Yen




The creek always flows in one direction,
always going the same way. And the sun
rises in the east and sets in the west;
you can count on it. Everyday.
Consistency, it’s dependable, but dull.
That’s why we created basketball.

james lee jobe


Vincent van Gogh, a selfie


Nothing outside yourself can cause any trouble. You yourself make the waves in your mind. If you leave your mind as it is, it will become calm. This mind is called big mind.

Shunryu Suzuki


I dreamed I was in a house in England, where one corner of one small room was in France. This room had a table where wealthy French people met and ate, and one little door that let out into France. In the English part of the house, no one liked me, for I was Welsh. They weren't mean, just cold and standoffish. Perhaps the French would like me, they kept saying. So I went into the French room, and they did like me! They loved me! They gave me ancient books written in script that seemed flowing and lovely. There was laughter, fine dining and music, and when it was time to go, they led me to the small doorway into France, not back to England. I walked into a rolling, sunny countryside of grapes. Suddenly, I could sing in French.

james lee jobe 


Indeterminacy, a poem by Charif Shanahan




Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. 

Desmond Tutu


I'M WITH HER, Send My Love (To Your New Lover)


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.