2/27/2023

Arm me with compassion & empathy.




In my dream I have somehow become a fast horse. And in this dream I gallop, trot, and prance. Yes, that's right. Actual prancing. It feels good to be a fast horse. In another dream I was a moose, and in still another I was a dog. There may not be an exact explanation, but there is this - it always feels pretty good. Excellent. In this dream I am a fast horse, moving swiftly across a grassy prairie. The bright sunshine is warm and fine on my back, and when I awake I see the saddle and bridle waiting silently beside my bed. 

***

If the world troubles you, change it. If your life isn't working, change it. You are not a rock.

***

A silver girl slowly bathing in silver water.
Silver moonlight.
A love that is silver, a silver heart,
My cold, empty, silver soul.
Her beautiful, ripe flesh
Kissed by my cold, silver lips. 

***

Arm me with books & knowledge.
Arm me with compassion & empathy.

***

Whispers and shadow. 
The cold scurry of ghosts. 
A thousand empty midnights,
A thousand dawns 
That couldn't come soon enough. 
No solace for the losses. 
No balm for the invisible wounds. 
Time is a bitch. 
Moments that move slowly, 
Slowed by the weight of ghosts. 
The weight of whispers and shadow. 
Whispers and shadow.

***

If just one person is "less than" ---for any reason--- then equality does not even exist. There is no such thing as partial equality.

***

The day came when all of the Republicans had insomnia,
every last one of them. They stayed awake all the time,
telling lies and looking for new ways to hurt the people in need
without messing up the Stock Exchange.
Of course their hearts and minds rotted away,
but there really wasn’t much there to begin with.

***

Everyone having equal rights does not mean fewer rights for you. It isn't like eating chicken.

by james lee jobe



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks!

jlj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.