2/07/2023

loud polka music on the radio



Is a god above?
Does it matter? Fresh blossoms
on my crepe myrtle.

-

One of the guards, called caretakers here, enjoys light torture, so at night he plays loud polka music on the radio. Indeed, it does torture some the prisoners, called patients here, but not me, I love it. It takes me back to the polka radio stations I heard in Baltimore in my youth. And after so many years here I have made up some pretty good dances to this music, if I do say so myself. Shall I demonstrate?

-

a two week vacation at the gigantic Walmart Superstore
new clothes everyday
new shoes too
lounging in the patio section
sleeping bags at night in sporting goods
all kinds of snacks and big screen TVs
new bikes to ride
such a wonderful vacation
we may never go home
here try this cheese spread
it’s delicious

-

james lee jobe 

Please support this blog through the 'Buy Me A Coffee' link at the bottom of this page! Many thanks.




There is nowhere to arrive except the present moment.

Thich Nhat Hanh



Kindness is a decision. It’s a decision to incline the heart toward goodwill for all beings, especially those that are suffering in ignorance, knowingly or unknowingly.

Ruth King



Lightnin' Hopkins, Mojo Hand









If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

-jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.