2/08/2023

mindful of that which grows and blooms


Dig the earth for gold, for silver.
Dig the earth for oil. Until your fingers bleed.
Until the people bleed, eaten by cancer.
Eaten by greed.
And now the earth itself bleeds,
For now the days are troubled.
And what have we to show for all of this?
Just a few dirty coins to count.
Nothing.

-

Silt on the river bed,
The Sacramento River.
Valley farmland,
The Sacramento Valley.
Delta winds,
The Sacramento Delta.
Barn owls, red tail hawks.
Tule deer, river otters.
Valley oaks, elms.
And me. At home.
Friend, find that spot
On the earth where you fit.
And dig in. Dig deep.

-

Let us be mindful of that which grows and blooms, bringing life and beauty to the earth.

-

Night arrived, right on time.
Moon, but no wind at all.
Life, as still as death.
Let there be peace.
Night, like a tent, like a roof.
Moonlight, like a lantern.
Let there be peace.
Dawn is but a promise,
It is not a guarantee.

-

I love the dawn and the dusk, the starlight and the moonlight. I love the wind and I love the stillness. And I love that which is, and I try not to desire that which is not. Another day is here, and all I need to do is live it.

-

james lee jobe 


Please support this blog through the 'Buy Me A Coffee' link at the bottom of this page! Many thanks.



McCoy Tyner, La Vida Feliz


The things that matter most in our lives are not fantastic or grand. They are the moments when we touch one another.

Jack Kornfield


Cultivate your beginner’s mind. Be willing not to be an expert. Be willing not to know. Not knowing is nearest. Not knowing is most intimate.

Zenkei Blanche Hartman


If you want to know me, look inside your heart. 

Lao Tzu 


You've gotta have some scars if you wanna be a poet. 

Ray Wylie Hubbard 



LINK: Canopy, a poem by Arlene Keizer


I Remember The Blue River

The moon has a halo, there will be wind.
The boatmen talk together in the night. 
Dawn, a brisk wind fills our sail.
We leave the bank and speed over the white waves. 
It is no use for me to be here in the land of Wu. 
My dream and my desire are to be back in Ch'ou. 
I dreamt that one day she would come with me 
On a trip like this, and now she is only dust. 

Mei Yao Ch'en, 1002-1060 CE 



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

-jlj 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.