1/27/2023

the taste of your river

 



        A snow-melt stream high up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Clean, pure. To put my face in that water feels so fine. Is my heart still clean? Still pure? I listen to it beat and it sounds to me like coyotes that are far away, running. 

james lee jobe 



        May some kindness come our way today, be it giving, receiving, or both.

james lee jobe 



Wandering Where Li the Mountain Recluse Lives,
I Write This on His Wall.

Everything dream here in this human life,
he's easily wild, maybe singing some song.

Asked how old, he says Ancient as pines,
How about land? Bamboo forests aplenty. 

Buying herbs from long-gone Han K'ang, 
opening gate awaiting Master Shang's visit, 

he's done with sitting mats and cushions:
what can you do about white cloud anyway?

Wang Wei, 701-761 CE

 



        Too much month left at the end of the money. Who cares? The bills are paid and the larder is stocked with food. My dog is sleeping the day away in a sunny spot on the floor. What are worries? 

james lee jobe 




You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To, Art Pepper



        Let the old resentments go. Everyone is a teacher, everything is a clue.

james lee jobe 




        If dreams had a flavor, it would be the taste of your river, the flavor of your trees.

James Lee Jobe 






        If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. (Not every time you come here, just maybe once in awhile.) It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. I could use the supplement since my mobility issues no longer allow me to work. Thanks! 

-jlj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.