9/22/2024

silence as the universe moves


Moonlight floods the valley like a forest fire  

a full moon and a lunar eclipse  

the shadow of the earth passes across 

the face of the moon  

but neither of them greets the other  

friend there is silence as the universe moves

james lee jobe



If you’re concentrating, you’re not roaming around—there’s no monkey business. While I’m creating, I have no time to think badly about other beings. In this way, my art practice is like a spiritual practice.

Asha Kama, “Recovering ‘Wasted Prayers’”




it’s true 

I live on Simpleton Street

in this college town 

which makes me easy to find 

just spot a dumbass anywhere in town 

and follow him or her 

it isn’t complicated 

and it won’t take long 

when you get to Simpleton Street 

just ask anyone 

where does the biggest idiot live 

and there I’ll be 

james lee jobe



link: 1st VOTE, a poem by Kamilah Aisha Moon



If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!

james 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.