9/15/2024

nine bows



we belong
me to my people
my people to this place
this Putah Creek watershed
the watershed and valley belong together
like a family
the valley with the earth
the earth with the solar system
the solar system with the universe
all that is 
is one
we belong
life touches life
which touches life again
I bow nine times
in gratitude 

james lee jobe 



There is within you that which is beyond birth and death, beyond success and failure. It just knows that you are, and it is.

Yoshin David Radin


friend 
welcome to your life
if you are reading these words then you are alive 
and that beats the alternative 
it’s marvelous 
breathe in and exhale out 
heartbeat boomBoomBOOM like a drum 
sky above and the earth below 
and you get to think for yourself 
try it sometime 

james lee jobe




Children are taught to question and challenge in ways that are good for dharma. Buddhadharma goes deeper when you question. Value comes from challenging and investigating.

Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche





My ancestors? I can say their names, and I can say their places, going back four centuries. I know their dates and years. All of that is a part of me. I know these things but I don’t obsess on them, Their DNA is my DNA. The past is a fog that you walk through, nothing more. 

The descendants? I can’t know them. They will come when I have gone. I can try to improve the world a little for them, and I can leave them some poems. Perhaps that way they will know my name and my place. And my DNA will be their DNA.

There is a pattern to it all. Can you see it? Something of the old ones is passed to the new ones, over and again.

james lee jobe 


~links~









Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks! 

james 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.