8/29/2024

the two johns - coltrane and lennon

humans bombing other humans happens daily


Open the window to the west, and disappear into the air inside you. 

Kabir 



me me me

we are a dense ocean 

thick 

anyone could float on this surface 

human hearts pull in the tide 

and human indifference sends it away again 

there are ships here with no sailors and many fish 

that have broken away from their schools 

beings who will now face eternity on their own 

truly we all face eternity on our own

open that westward window 

the sunset is majestic 

and too many of us are praying to the east anyway 

could a god even hear us through the drone 

the cacophony of everyone praying "me me me" 

cast those worries into our ocean 

the tide is going out again now 

we are the ocean 

the sunset 

the air itself

james lee jobe 





Emptiness invites us to look uncertainty in the eye. So if fear or resistance arises, take your time with it. 

Cortland Dahl, “Exploring Emptiness”





I'll just nail my own feet to the cross


My grandfather and his stories about jesus 

the sermon on the mount     christ's suffering 

in gethsemane      the agony on the cross 

how any person that he met might just be jesus 

here to test his faith and his faith never wavered 

and my mother believed because my grandfather 

taught her to believe     that was enough 

and me     I don't believe at all 

well     not exactly 

I do believe in the lessons jesus taught 

and I listened to grandpop enough to know 

that I should study it all for myself     and I have 

don't judge     be kind     harm no one     got it 

do it for the sake of your own soul     got it 

muhammad and buddha and gandhi 

and the two johns    coltrane and lennon 

and rumi and hafez     they all said it too 

but a virgin birth     rising from the dead 

well not so much      whatever god is 

doesn't have a son     and look at me     with 

two feet and only one nail for the both of them 

you know it won't be easy     let's get this over with

james lee jobe






I don't support empires. I support the poor. I support workers. I support the challenged, people in need. I support people of spirit, any faith. But not empires. I defy empires. 

james lee jobe



If you can, please help support this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Thank you.

james lee jobe 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.