8/24/2024

casting spells under the cloudless summer sky

hamilton pool, texas hill county


I want to be totally still now

as still as if I were absent

as still as if my chair were empty

my chair is empty

when the teacher calls the roll

let there be a silence at my name

this life is filled with emptiness

is it complicated - no

let us wait in this silence

you and I

I will take your hand and kiss it

I will touch your face

so soft

we are the birds of emptiness

we are the children of this fine silence

what is there that we really need to do

james lee jobe



if we can accept our imperfections as they are 

then we can use them as part of the path

chögyam trungpa


zhen-zhen, queen of all the doggos


I am here because the sun needs something dark

I am dark enough to make the sun seem brighter

it’s an important job and requires no talent at all

watch me now

casting spells under the cloudless summer sky

as the sun rises higher and higher

watch me now

as this soul becomes shadow

as shadow becomes soul

james lee jobe



not engaging in ignorance is wisdom.

bodhidharma



how old is my valley

millions of years

I suppose

how old is my iris

just a few weeks

one grows from the other

time means nothing

life goes on

with us or without us

james lee jobe



conquer the angry man by love 

conquer the ill-natured man by goodness 

conquer the liar with truth

the dhammapada



imagine this 

that everything good and natural 

is interconnected and sacred 

all of it

james lee jobe



in spain, the dead are more alive than the dead of any other country in the world. 

federico garcía lorca





Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. -Thanks, James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.