6/05/2024

the wild dance of the trees

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” 

Mark Twain



The wind is so strong today 

that there is no morning fog 

so strong in fact 

that the trees are doing a wild dance 

waving their many arms and fingers 

at the sky 

every now and then 

a piece of one breaks 

and tries to fly

*

I have lost my taste for politics
by politics of course I mean propaganda
it is silence that feeds me now
and I have lost any desire for reward or applause
by lost of course I mean that I tossed it away
silence 
is my blessing now
what I believe in is stronger 
than that which I disbelieve
and what I disbelieve is a long list
no gods
no heaven
no hell
no afterlife
no astrology
no destiny
no fate
I don’t even believe in luck
good or bad
there are the choices I make 
and the actions that I take
there is coincidence 
the random things
and there is suffering
all of life is suffering
impermanence 
we all die 
you 
me
the earth itself 
the solar system
and on that cheery note
I wish you a fine day
random
but fine

*

Evening 
the music of a lone dove
the music of crickets
no other sounds at all
just a Delta breeze
to cool off the big valley

James Lee Jobe


Taylor Marie McCormick - White Sky


The ultimate standpoint of Zen is that… the peace we are seeking so eagerly has been there all the time.

D.T. Suzuki



Please consider supporting this blog with a small donation through the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Thanks! 

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.