6/25/2024

in the soil, in the air

Let’s connect with the sense of aliveness in this body. 

Breathing, pulsating, this amazing piece of nature. 

Nikki Mirghafori, “Death Is a Part of Life”  


If we can meet again when the world is reshaped. 

Springtime has become different for me 

now that I am old. 

When the trees bud I am reminded 

that it will all go on without me. 

But it won't really be without me, will it? 

I'll be there in the soil, in the air, 

in the carbon. 

If we can meet again when the world is reshaped 

I'll still be me and you'll still be you, 

even if we're finches or oaks. 

Even if we're memories 

that are floating inside the cumulus clouds 

on a fine spring day. 

Like this one. 

----------

Just to love you is enough. 

I wake up with in the cold room 

with those words on my lips.

----------

We are humans, living in that space created by our breathing. 

And into this space we ease our souls so that they might grow and expand, that they might touch each other. Now reach down low, and hold me in your fist, and squeeze. Bite my tongue, just a little. Inhale. Exhale. Squeeze again. Here in this room tonight we are perfect, we are human, and our souls are indeed expanding. 

----------

Don’t remind the world that it is sick and troubled. 

Remind it that it is beautiful and free.

----------

by James Lee Jobe


RICHIE HAVENS - FREEDOM
 (@Woodstock 1969)


Pain is also a vehicle of knowledge. It may very well be knowledge itself. 

Ocean Vuong




You can support this blog, and this blogger, with a small donation the the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Many thanks.

James 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.