5/21/2024

the church of my nouns and verbs


Corporations and governments are both owned by the banker class; there is no longer any line separating governance and profit. 

Howard Zinn


welcome  this is the church of my nouns and verbs  the temple of my similes and metaphors  I have prayed here for so long  that I am now an old man  growing older rather slowly and giving thanks 

James Lee Jobe



The meaning of life can be revealed but never explained.

Kenneth Rexroth



morning zazen 

feeding my critters 

coffee and breakfast 

reading poems from yeats ‘the tower’ again 

some housework 

shopping 

writing time 

nap 

making dinner for my wife and I 

enjoying this day because there is no afterlife 

this is it 

the whole enchilada

James Lee Jobe




remembering for no reason 

the taste of her lips 

the taste of her skin 

so many years later 

an old man sitting 

in the warm sunshine

James Lee Jobe



Freddie Hubbard, live in Paris, 1970


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks! 

-JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.