5/04/2024

packing my head with sand

Facing the truth of our own death can bring us back to life.

Juliana Sloane



I am on the telephone, on hold, 

with my doctor's office. I am trying 

to set an appointment to have my brain removed, 

because I am the Vivaldi of the dream world, 

the astral plane. The brain will be displayed 

in Visalia, California, in a glass case, 

And I will then pack my empty head with sand 

or straw or rich, valley soil. 

My dreams will continue to be a symphony 

and I will continue to write poems. 

I will pull the blanket of being human up to my neck, 

and blink my eyes until I arrive on the astral plane. 

I think the music is starting early today. 

James Lee Jobe


Photographer unknown.
I think of it as
Still Life With Nails And Flowers


That I may find the thread and the strength


To sew my heart together again 

One stitch at a time 

One stitch after another 

James Lee Jobe


Joni Mitchell, 1970, Playing Real Good For Free


LINK: CLICK HERE to go to 'Default Taupou' - a poem by Grace Iwashita-Taylor



If you liked this post, if you like this blog, you can help support it by buying me a coffee once in a while. Not every time, just sometimes! Thanks - James


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.