5/16/2024

my favorite leg

'Reclaiming the sacred in our lives naturally brings us close once more to the wellsprings of poetry.'

Robert Bly



Ghosts In Dreams

Nights where the dead come to visit me in dreams 

    like rain on a river 

    like snow on snow 

There was a time when they said my name 

    held me 

    told me their dreams 

Now they are memories of memories 

    rain on a river 

    snow on snow 

Ghosts in dreams

James Lee Jobe




My sixth leg is my favorite, I use it to hold my weight when I climb. 

My sixth leg, my web, the dead things that I eat. Life is an instrument of love played by a musician with immense talent, the chords are of the future and the past, the melody is of the moment. Death is an instrument, too. I have composed a symphony with dead flies. I spin chords of music into my web. I eat life and death and sound. 

James Lee Jobe

Louie Armstrong - What A Wonderful World 


If you enjoy this blog, and I hope that you do, please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. Thanks!  

JLJ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.