Wednesday, April 24, 2024

time is nothing

"If we live, we live; if we die, we die; if we suffer, we suffer; if we are terrified, we are terrified. No problem." 

Alan Watts



The land where I live is a land of trees

And a land of trees is a land of birds

A cold night in autumn 

And from above the wind

Comes the soft hoots of an owl 

It is a melancholy sound 

But perhaps I am hearing my own sadness 

Yes I am sure of it

From my kitchen window at midnight

I see bright moonlight on the tall pines

With their branches moving in the biting wind

Their wide trunks are hidden in shadow

James Lee Jobe


Chris Thile. Sarah Jarosz. 
Where The Soul Of Man Never Dies.



Half surrendered to sleep 

The warm sun on my face 

It has been some years 

Since I stopped wearing a watch

James Lee Jobe



Please consider making a donation through the BUY ME A COFFEE button below. It's done safely online, and just takes a moment. Thanks!

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.