Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Sleeping like an old dog.



A shooting star crosses high above my valley and I think, “Take me with you.” Why not? I have already had a good walk on this earth, found a corner where I fit, and lived a life there. Why not shoot across the universe in wild ball of flame and disappear in a flash? Do you think I plan to live forever? 

James Lee Jobe



I see great things in baseball. It's our game, the American game. It will repair our losses and be a blessing to us.

Walt Whitman


Sam Phillips - I Need Love


All life is sacred
All of creation
May we live in reverence

James Lee Jobe



Do what you do as well as you possibly can. That's Buddhist morality.

Brad Warner



I want to sleep now like an old dog
may I do that please
Just this one time
For am I not an old dog now
And is this afternoon not endless
And dark with clouds
Already this afternoon has gone on
For ten months
And I want to sleep like an old dog
And just be quiet for once

James Lee Jobe



Derive happiness in oneself from a good day’s work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.

Henri Matisse



You can support this blog, and this blogger, with a small donation the the Buy Me A Coffee link below. Many thanks.

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.