3/31/2024

Ashes in the wind.



It rained at spring equinox
And a beautiful quiet filled the house
In the dark just before sunrise
There was only the sound of the rain
And my wife yelling
For more toilet paper

-----

How different might life be
If we had to carry with us everywhere
The coffin or urn
That would one day hold our remains
I think that I would like my ashes
To be tossed into a strong wind

-----

In their world I suppose am a poor man 

But not in my world 

In my world I am wealthy  

I have my life, my family, and a home   

People love me and I love them   Money is nothing  

-----

We’re strangers, you and I, dear reader. We’ll likely never meet. Strangers riding a planet that spins as it orbits a star, and that star is itself hurtling through time and space. These few words may be all that is ever between us. Peace be with you. Enjoy life.

James Lee Jobe



Focus, not on the rudenesses of others, not on what they've done or left undone, but on what you have and haven't done yourself.

The Dhammapada

-----

Everything is perfect and there is always room for improvement.

Shunryu Suzuki


Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! 

Thanks, jlj 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.