2/21/2024

from heart to heart

Malaquias Montoya


You are laughing when I picture you   

Sitting on the ground in the Joshua Tree desert 

Or perhaps on a small bolder at the Yuba River   

Eating the lunch that we packed in for our hike   

A young man with long hair and a huge laugh   

A lovable bear of a fellow   

I am passing food to you or you pass it to me  

From hand to hand and from heart to heart   

And you are saying something funny  

Our laughter fills the clean air around us  

A bright sun  a clear sky  a place so lovely   

You are laughing when I picture you   

My dear son who I will not see again

James Lee Jobe



Pack your bags and go to the station without them.
Catch the train and leave your self behind.

 Wei Wu Wei



I went to bed as a young man 

Only to wake up and find 

That my beard had turned white 

That’s a long nap indeed 

If I go to sleep again 

I might just wake up dead 

James Lee Jobe 



When I forget my true nature I’m not able to see the humanity of others and I begin to meet anger with anger and fear with fear. When we’re not paying attention, these poisons can lead us to unhappiness and suffering. Just on the other side is this great possibility of liberation and freedom.

Leslie Booker, “Guidelines for an Ethical Life”






Please help support this blog with a small donation on the BUY ME A COFFEE link below. Every little bit helps! Thanks,

James 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite.